Sunday 21 March 2010

Reeves and Relief

Thanks to the total ineptitude of Richard Branson's boys and girls at Virgin Media who denied their loyal Leeds customers television, telephone and broadband services for the second full day in eight, I wasn't able to update this drivel yesterday.

But hopefully it won't happen again between now and whenever BT arrive to plumb us into their offerings instead - bugger off Beardy and take your big teeth and your DJ hair with you. Virgin.

Thankfully I was feeling a little more charitable at bang on 9.30 this morning as I began six one-mile laps of Leeds City Centre in aid of Sport Relief.

However, Vanessa was handed a much bigger challenge in trying to keep Jamie occupied.

I had a go prior to the gun by showing him a man on stilts. But, as you can see above, he wasn't best interested.

Vanessa then pulled out the old "banana and balloon" trick. But, whilst he ate half his banana, he still wasn't that arsed.

So, last and by every means least, we collectively tried to wow him with a bit of celebrity in the form of Vic Reeves who came along to start the second wave of runners shortly after I'd crossed the line.

But Jamie wasn't impressed with Mr R (who was apparently born in Leeds) and, to be honest, who could blame him? I've always thought Bob was the funny one too.

Sincere gratitude to my mum, Derek, Sarah, Sally, Maura, David and Vanessa (who was given little option) for sponsoring me to do the run.

And, if you're not one of them and haven't yet donated to Sport Relief, you still have time...

No comments:

Post a Comment