Friday 1 October 2010

Beware a Yorkshire(Water)man bearing gifts

This is Dan, my friend, a man of Yorkshire and an employee of YorkshireWater.

We arranged to have a drink last night and he arrived at our front door with a big smile on his face.

"I've brought you a present," he said.

"Oh really?" I replied, excitedly. "That's very kind. What have you bought."

"No, brought - not bought," he clarified. "It's a YorkshireWater Flush Saver!"

"Ooooooo," I, well, ooooooo-ed, before playing back in my head what he'd just uttered. "A what?"

"A YorkshireWater Flush Saver!" repeated Dan, with commendable enthusiasm. "It saves water!"

"Right," I said, with a little less enthusiasm.

"Are you on a meter?" he asked.

"No," I replied.

"That doesn't matter, you'll still be protecting the environment by saving a litre of water every time you flush - half of what you normally use!" boomed Dan.

"OK," said me. "So what happens if I do a big poo?"

"Well," hesitated Dan, "I suppose you flush it twice."

"Thereby using the same amount of water as normal?" I enquired.

"Errmmm...yes," he whimpered back.

"Shall we just go to the pub?" I suggested.

"Yes," said Dan.

So we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment