Saturday 9 October 2010

Never mind the gap

Sad X Factor followers (like me) may have read (I did, otherwise I obviously wouldn't be telling you) that last year's winner Joe McElderry wants to get his teeth done but can't afford it.

And sadly, neither can our Jamie (unless he gets a Christmas job which, thinking about it, all two-year-olds are probably now entitled to as part of the Big Society. I must look into that).

I say this because the poor (as I say, he's skint) little blighter has somehow managed to chip his front tooth.

Neither Vanessa nor I know when it happened, other than at some point this week. But, if the baby/toddler books are to be believed, he's now going to be stuck with a wonky smile for at least the next five years when his next set of teeth are due to be posted out to him.

There are a couple of questions that have therefore been bothering me.

First, is there such a thing as cosmetic dentistry for toddlers? Given the mad world in which we (and more so the Beckhams, Jordan and other equally authentic "personalities" of our time) now live, I would assume there is.

And second, if Vanessa and I were desperately shallow (that's arguable) and hugely rich (er...no), would we book our son in for some "work?"

I can't make my mind up on that one.

I would like to think we wouldn't.

Perhaps it's just as well that we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment