Saturday 30 October 2010

My good deed

What you really want at shortly after nine on a Saturday morning, when you're rushing to blow up your car tyre with a slow puncture in time for your wife and son to get to a three-year-old's birthday party, is a pissed-up chav on a bicycle stopping to ask if you'd mind doing his tyres too.

But that's what happened to me about 20 minutes ago.

And, being the proud member of the Big Society that I am, I did as he requested whilst he tried vainly to explain to his wench on the phone why he hadn't yet made it home from last night's house party.

On the plus side, I now know that £45 will get us a new car tyre, thereby lessening the chances of other chavs pulling up alongside on future occasions to ask for "a bit of air, mate."

And surely the rest of today will have something nice in store for me as a reward for my kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment