Thursday 7 October 2010

Jacket in a packet

I was a little tired yesterday - hence no update - after a particularly long final evening at the Conservative Party Conference.

And when I say evening, perhaps I should add that evening became night, became the early hours, became the not-so-early hours.

In fact, I eventually got back to my hotel a little after 7am - leaving me just enough time for a quick nap before pack-up and check-out.

I hadn't seen my suit jacket for a considerable period by this point and, as I shuffled towards Birmingham New Street railway station, I began to reconcile myself with the unfortunate likelihood that it and I would never be together again.

However, as if by magic, in a 15-minute period just prior to stepping on the train, I received two texts and a phone call from three exceedingly kind individuals in relation to said lost jacket.

And above you can see what turned up in this morning's post.

I'll never hear a bad word said about the Daily Mail ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment