Wednesday 13 October 2010

Does he not think they've suffered enough?

Jamie is going through something of a "parrot phase" in which, as the tag suggests, he repeats back a lot of what you say.

This can have certain advantages.

For example, when the Ryder Cup was on TV, I was desperate to find a way for him to let me watch it in peace rather rather than spend every second demanding that I switch over to CBeebies.

So I taught him a few well-known golf phrases to shout when something exciting happened (and even showed him how to punch the air).

That was almost a fortnight ago and the chosen phrases have not been uttered by him since.

Until this morning, that is.

I was getting him ready for nursery, in front of the telly, and flicked over to Sky News to see how the rescue of the Chilean miners was progressing.

Again, in an attempt for him to let me watch my programme rather than his, I explained that these brave men had been stuck in a big hole for weeks and weeks and were now coming out.

The news bulletin then switched to some recorded images of the first miner emerging from his capsule.

"GET IN THE HOLE!" came the cry from Jamie, right on cue.

Sometimes compassion isn't his strong point.

No comments:

Post a Comment